Senior Frontend Engineer
Who are we?
Maxwell Plus is a Brisbane MedTech company that is on track to eradicate death by prostate cancer by 2030. We use AI and expert doctors to detect prostate cancer early. Our technology has been shown to detect 40% more cancers with 50% fewer unnecessary treatments, and all up we have saved 33 lives. We have just published these breakthrough results and are incredibly excited for the next phase of the company as we take it to our first million men across the globe. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working person to join our team and help make diseases like prostate cancer a thing of the past. We are a distributed company, that is highly-flexible with working arrangements.
- Work as part of a small cross-functional product development team to engineer and deliver Maxwell Plus’ core product to clinicians and their patients.
- Write high performing, maintainable and testable frontend components and core product features.
- Ship, test and monitor production frontend code ensuring our customers experience a high quality product.
- A passion for using technology to help bring an end to death from prostate cancer
- Open and honest, willing to help others where you're an expert and ask for help where you're not.
- Enjoy working in a close-knit, flexible, remote team
- Comfortable working in a growing startup, knowing things will change as we grow
- Eager to learn new things and take on responsibilities outside your initial domain of expertise as you grow.
Your Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a professional work environment delivering complex applications.
- A strong sense of ownership, strong attention to detail, great communication skills, a familiarity working with a live product in a technology start-up environment.
- A fast learner capable of leveraging existing skills and experience to rapidly become productive with similar technologies.
- A strong architectural mindset with focus on producing simple, reusable and maintainable components and features.
- Familiarity with Typescript.
- Experience with state management libraries (i.e. redux, redux-saga, mobx) consuming REST APIs.
- Experience writing automated frontend tests using testing frameworks (i.e. Jest, Enzyme, Cypress, Mocha.js).
- A strong understanding of frontend build tooling (i.e. yarn/npm, CRA, webpack, Docker).
- A strong understanding of version control (i.e. git, GitHub), test-driven and documentation-driven development and agile working practices.
- Self driven, willing to take initiative, and adopt good software development processes, practices and standards.
- Desire to grow into a leadership role as the company grows.
Highly Desirable Criteria
- UX/UI design knowledge and exposure to design systems.
- Familiarity with not just developing software but also with the intricacies of maintaining and supporting a live software product.
- Familiarity with Flutter and Dart.
- Familiarity with backend REST API design and best practices.
- Familiarity with modern web auth practices such as JWT.
- Experience working remotely.
What you get from us
- Work alongside a dynamic and young team building great software on a modern technology stack.
- Play a key role in product design and delivery.
- Flexible working environment and exposure to the entire software delivery lifecycle.
- Invitation to the employee share scheme and competitive salary
We know that companies diverse in age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity and perspective perform better. We're aiming to build an inclusive workplace that promotes and values the things that make you, uniquely you.
Click the button below and submit an application.Apply now